The date of Windows 11 is approaching. Microsoft has fixed the release date of Windows 11 and everyone is eagerly waiting for the launch event. Are you planning to update your PC to Windows 11 as soon as possible? Well, but before that, you should be aware of the Windows 11 system requirements so that you can prepare your PC for the upgrade before the launch.
In this article, we are going to talk about the realistic Windows 11 system requirements to get the best performance on your laptop and PC.
Windows 11 System Requirements
Here are the PC specifications you require to upgrade to Windows 11 on your PC or Laptop:
- Latest OS: Make sure you are running the latest versions – either Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 update.
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC (CPU + others)
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit (minimum requirements)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS or 20 GB for 64-bit OS
- Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
- Display: 800 x 600
Hard Disk Requirements to Install or Update Windows 11
These are the basic system requirements / pc specifications to install Windows 11 on your machine. However, there may be additional software or hardware requirements over time for updates, as well as requirements to turn on specific features within the OS.
The size of the Windows 11 advanced operating system supported for your devices will vary depending on several factors. The factors that impact the hard drive space that you need on your devices include previously installed OS, amount of space available to resue from Windows files, apps installed, etc. you will require at least 32GB of hard disk space in order to install the new Windows 11 OS.
When you update the OS, your system will automatically free up enough memory and help you free up even more memory in case the automatic clean-up is not sufficient.
Feature-Specific Requirements for Windows 11
- Microsoft account: Required for some features to work properly.
- BitLocker Drive Encryption: A Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 or higher and Trusted Computing Group (TCG)-compliant BIOS or UEFI is required.
- BitLocker To Go: It requires a UDB flash drive.
- Cortana: Only available for some countries.
- Movies & TV Application: Not available in all regions.
- Secure boot: It requires firmware that supports UEFI v2.3.1 Errata B that’s having Microsoft’s Windows certification authority in the UEFI signature database.
- Speech Recognition: You will require a high-fidelity microphone array and a hardware driver with the geometry clearly exposed.
- Touch: For using touch functionality, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multi-touch.
- Two-factor authentication: It requires a PIN, biometric, or a smartphone with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth functionalities for security.
- Xbox: You require an Xbox Live account to use the Xbox application.
So these are all about Windows 11 system requirements and other feature specific requirements that you need to meet in order to have a complete Windows 11 operating system on your PC or laptop.
Also Check: Microsoft Windows 7 Lite Edition 2021