DriverPack Solution v184.108.40.20604 offline installer will help users to install drivers for free and solve driver problems on any device. Because DriverPack Solution is so easy to use and free from the clutter that similar programs have, there are also some features you won’t find in this tool.
It comes in two flavors: DriverPack Solution Online and DriverPack Solution Offline. The online version is the slimmest and requires an Internet connection. Meanwhile, the offline version is larger and ideal for updating the drivers of computers without web access.
DriverPack Solution 17 Full version is also wonderful if you want to update the drivers on a computer that doesn’t have an internet connection. There’s an offline version you can get that includes all the drivers offered by this tool, which you can then transfer over to the computer that needs it (like on an external hard drive). Another option is to just get the network driver you need and then download all the drivers normally from that point forward.
DriverPack Solution v220.127.116.1104 Key Features
- Works with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP
- DriverPack Solution is a lightweight program that doesn’t take long to download and connects to the internet for free online driver updates
- DriverPack Solution is completely portable and can be launched from any folder or hard drive or portable device, like a flash drive
- You can install all drivers at once or choose certain ones to install
- This driver updater can even work if you don’t have a working network. Just download the DriverPack Network driver or the DriverPack Offline version (which has all the drivers in it), and then transfer it the computer that needs it
- The Diagnostics section serves as a basic system information tool
How to Use DriverPack Solution
By default, after opening the setup file, DriverPack will run in “regular mode” where everything happens for you: your computer is prepared and the drivers you need are downloaded and installed for you.
This is different from the expert mode below because it’s very much a hands-off approach at installing drivers. There’s even a personal assistant that talks to you while it’s working so that you know exactly what it’s doing at all times.
Pick this mode if you’re extremely new to getting driver updates and you don’t care to selectively pick which ones get installed.
The other way to get drivers with this tool is through “expert mode.” Toggle the Run in the Expert Mode option after opening the program and you’ll see a screen like the one shown below.
DriverPack’s expert mode gives you full control over what gets installed. Put a check in the box next to each driver update or driver toolkit you want to install.
Also available through this mode is a list of recommended programs in the Software tab to the left. Examples include the Opera web browser and some security tools. Select those to install them, if you want them.
DriverPack Solution Pros & Cons
DriverPack Solution has all the basic features you need to update your drivers for free:
- Easy to use
- Supports automated, no-prompt installs
- Quick downloads
- Supports bulk downloads
- It’s portable, so installation isn’t required
- Lots of settings you can customize
- Can’t hide drivers from showing up in future scans
- No option for scheduled scans
- Sometimes seems slower than it should
- Includes other features unrelated to driver updates